Hereditary skin diseases

My father has skin diseas call Psoriasis So this diseas can spread to my husband by me . I have not this diseas. Please reply me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hereditary skin diseases

Psoriasis is an immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now it is well established and believed to be a multi system disorder involving joints, hearts and kidneys as well. A proper assessment to determine the severity of psoriasis and an assessment of other organ involvements is needed. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan.
It will not spread to your husband from you since you are not genetically related. Even in the same family, not everyone is affected.
There are few genetic tests available, though not completely reliable , some prediction is possible.