Height problem

Hello Sir/Ma'am, This is regarding my height. I am 5'5" now. I suspect that I stopped growing my height when i was in 9th grade. I waited for 2 years to see some changes, but nothing happened till now. I am very athletic person, and enjoy sports and dancing. During my 11th i joined gym for 9 months, for weight loss. My father is 5'7", and mostly boys grow taller than their father. Is it normal, or is there any medical reason behind this? If yes, then what should i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Height problem

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
 Hello..., your height  depends on average  height  of your parents..  Once maturation occurs growing end of bones fuses and one cannot  grow  further after that age...so growth cessate usually at the age of 18.you must learn  to live with fact..  Don't  try medication for growth  they won't work. Cycling, swimming, skipping, stretching exercise may help you..  Do it in the early morning..  Have protenaceous food items...