Height growth

What is the maximum age in boys to grow tall under normal circumstances. Is there any scientific method to determine the chances of growing height, like xray or scanning or something to check how much growth possible and if bones stopped growing. Please suggest me so that I can get that test done. Also please suggest how check if growth has stopped or not and how to grow tall like nutrition and food etc.. Lots of thanks. Sincerely.

Doctor Answers (1) on Height growth

The final height is multifactorial and includes genetic and nutritional influence. Boys gain maximum height between 12-16 years of age. Growth usually stops by 18 years in majority. There may be exceptions when growth continues into early 20s. It is possible through x-rays to check whether growth has stopped, but it is indicated only in treatment of certain disorders and not routinely.