Heavy hair fall

I'm suffering from heavy hair fall.Nearly 30% of my hair falling down in one day. 2 months back I was suffering from dengue fever and admitted in hospital for i week. Is this hair fall because of Dengue? I 'm going to loose all my hair it seems, what should I do now? I started feeling frustrated. Should I use a wig and wait for the hair to grow again?

Doctor Answers (1) on Heavy hair fall

Hello, you seem to be suffering from a condition called telogen effluvium. it a s condition where a lot of hair enter the shedding phase of the hair growth cycle. it usually follows a stress event, such as a severe illness (as seems in your case).  good news is that it is self limiting in most cases. but a Dermatologist, after conducting a thorough examination, will be able to prescribe certain medications and scalp solution that will hasten your recovery.
Consult a Dermatotricholgist.