cardiologist-icon
Heart problem
My father has diabetes and his heart is functioning oly 40% , now in lungs water is accumulated and he has kidney problem. Top off that he is having stomach pain from many days..doctor has advised to control diabetes as nothing can be done..And can he have dragonfruit ? I have heard it control diabetes.. Please advise.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

Please don't take any risks Your father has diabetes and Kidney issues Most of the fruits are sweet and high in potassium Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello.... generally when the patient blood sugar is not under control then we suggest no no fruits, no fruit juices ,biscuit and no rice so that it becomes easy for controlling the blood sugar... I would suggest not to take any fruits including Dragon fruit for now until his Sugars are normalised after that you can have that fruit or any other fruit also but a proportion of a fruit in a day thank you