cardiologist-icon
Heart Palpitations
I have been experiencing heavy heart beats for a week now.. i consulted a local physician the bp was 140/90 and heart beats were 98. The physician said i am having anxiety and was asked to sleep well with ativan 1mg for 2 nights. Stil the prib persists. I checked in my home with the bp machine for a day and thebp was 135-140 by 85-90 with heart beats around 100 to 115. I did ecg by the local phy and he said there r little abnormalities but asked me to consult a general physician.. i have shortness of breath often and when i hear some noice i have heavy beats.. also i have pain in my left side of the chest.. pls suggest what to do... I am passive smoker.. i tried cutting, still the palpitations continue...

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Noida

Get a Echo And TMT done

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  I do not see any major abnormality in this ECG. Palpitations could be a sign of cardiac problems. Anxiety can also cause Palpitations.  My suggestion would be to consult a MD consultant physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.