Heart attack

Doctor please let me know that ...I m suffering from severe depression and some times I have more pain in left side chest and I feel like heaviness and I feel my heart will blast and full of acidity and breathlessness often same thing I m facing from last one and half year ...this may lead to heart attack ??? When I get first time depressed in 2014 September in ECG it shows irregular heartbeat but no pain I consult to cardiologist they give me heparin and kept me in ICU for observation for 24 hours after that everyday I m facing with breathing difficulty and anxiety and left side chest pain and I consult with psychiatrist she prescribed me sertrax 50 mg and lonaxep. If necessary and I m suffering with pcod I m under treatment and I m working in saudiarabia as a nurse ...can I go back and can I start my work ??? Depression is treatable??? Having phobia that again I may get irregular heart beat and so please help me to know that depression may lead to heart attack???
views-icons 85 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Heart attack

Dr. Krishna Pandey Gurgaon | Cardiologist
Depression per say will not cause heart attack however ur stress while thinking about it may cause troubles. Depression is curable with the help of psychiatrist and family support, irregular heartbeat needs to be evaluated as in which kind. You probably can go through yearly health checks if so worried or take an appointment and visit me in consultation hours for further evaluation