Hearing issue in both ear

Otosclerosis - One ENT suggest to do surgery. Second opinon doctor denies operation. Please see my report and provide your valuable suggestion. I am presently taking NAF tablet. Is this will slowdown my disease or cure?

Doctor Answers (2) on Hearing issue in both ear

Dr. Parveen Chawla Faridabad | Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist
as per your clinical details and testing you have already delayed the treatment , in my opinion you need to go for surgery as early as possible as surgery is microscopic and hence chances of complications are less in hands of good surgeon ,and surgical results are good , hearing aid is not the option , and secondly hearing aids works good only in good conductive apparatus in your ear ,and if you have disease in your conductive apparatus than hearing aid also not work properly as you have problem in your apparatus for conduction hence go for surgery , nearby you there are so many good ear surgeons
dont delay ,go to page https://www.facebook.com/arunaenthnhospital/
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
I would suggest you opt for RIC type of Hearing Aids for both ears. Otosclerosis is an INCURABLE DISEASE as of now. NaF has not shown to be any better than placebo in Otosclerosis! Stapedectomy actually involves a trade-off. You will regain good hearing without hearing aids after the surgery for about 8 to 10 years, then it will gradually worsen and by 12th-15th year you will be stone deaf which is irreparable. This is the reason why NO SURGEON WILL RECOMMEND SURGERY FOR BOTH EARS SIMULTANEOUSLY! Usually Surgery will be recommended for worse hearing ear and hearing aid for better hearing ear! In case of using hearing aids, patients will need to change hearing aids for more powerful ones after 10 years and then again after a further 10 years and may go tone deaf by 25th year of diagnosis.
I usually do surgery only when patient insists and after I have recorded a video consent where I explicitly explain all the consequences and surgical risks and patient insists that he /she prefers flawless hearing for 10 years to aided hearing for 25 years. In addition, all surgeries have inherent risk of complications (like perilymph gushers)which are also explained to the patient.
Finally, you are the boss and will be in the best position to decide what to do with your ears.