Right Ear ENT

Since last 2 years, i am facing problem in my right ear.

I feel that there is some kind of pressure in my right ear. Whenever i speak i feel that there is pressure feeling in right ear.

I consulted many ent doctors but no one was able to privide a solution. Some said Tonsil problem and some said no problem.

Sanjay

Doctor Answers (1) on Right Ear ENT

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
The eustachian tube (pharyngotympanic tube) connects the middle ear cavity with the nasopharynx. It aerates the middle ear system and clears mucus from the middle ear into the nasopharynx. Opening and closing functions of the eustachian tube are physiologically and pathologically important. Normal opening of the eustachian tube equalizes atmospheric pressure in the middle ear; closing of the eustachian tube protects the middle ear from unwanted pressure fluctuations and loud sounds. Mucociliary clearance drains mucus away from the middle ear into the nasopharynx, thus preventing infection from ascending to the middle ear.

Abnormal or impaired eustachian tube functions (ie, impaired opening or closing, defective mucociliary clearance) may cause pathological changes in the middle ear. This in turn can lead to hearing loss and other complications of otitis media. These pathological changes include recurrent acute otitis media and otitis media with effusion. Chronic retraction of the tympanic membrane may also lead to middle ear atelectasis and subsequent adhesive otitis media. A retraction pocket of the tympanic membrane secondary to chronic eustachian tube dysfunction may eventually evolve into cholesteatoma