Health suplement

As we all know that today's foods lacks in nutrients. So please tell me is it recommended to take them artificially as supplements. Also please tell which supplement is safe to take. It should cost effective too so as many people as can be benefited from it.

Doctor Answers (2) on Health suplement

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Rather than supplements natural diet can be best for what u r looking for
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... I think you should know that taking health supplements is never a solution for healthy life.... You should always find ways to do it naturally, preferably the one you can follow in the home... So for that my advice is - you should follow a strict diet, avoid eating oily and spicy foods, avoid sugary substances like sweets and diary products since it contributes too much of calories. If you are a non vegetarian skip consuming meat like mutton instead you can prefer skinned out chicken 1-2 pieces which should be a cooked variety not a fried type and it should be only once a week or you can have fish curry not fish fry, since fried food substances have lot of oil so avoid consuming that.prefer fresh fruits like pears,apples, citrus fruits,jamon, berries like blueberries,raspberries and include fresh vegetables in the form of salads.have fresh sprouts daily in the morning. Prefer skimmed milk than regular milk which is low in fat. Try to include brown rice, oats into your diet instead of roti.prefer olive oil or if not available then sunflower oil for cooking. Avoid cocunut in your cooking since it is rich in cholesterol.prefer buttermilk and ragi gunji than soft drinks which again gives you extra calories.avoid junk foods and fast foods, prefer home cooked meals. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Do daily morning jogging for 30-40min,skipping for 10-15mins, cycling for 30-40mins. Do daily morning meditation and yoga. In the evening do brisk walking for 20-30mins and do swimming for 30-40mins.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.