diabetes-icon
Hb1Ac 6.3 in recent test
How much diet control is required and upto what levels I can take sugar intake daily or should I completely stop sugar intake?

Dr. Narendra BS
You are in Pre-diabetes range, that is HBA1C between 5.7-6.4%. Please stop sugar completely and try to have a low carbohydrate diet of upto 1800 KCal with regular exercise of 30 min everyday. As this would delay the further progression of your Pre-diabetes to diabetes. Please check FBS, PPBS, HBA1C every three months and consult an endocrinologist for further management. Thank you!