I have severe hairloss due to which my scalp is partially visible. I also have dandruff. Can you suggest me precautive measures and treatment(side effects if any)?
views-icons 100 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairloss-treatment

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Please send pictures when asking questions. It always helps to make a clear diagnosis since you won't know what we are looking for to diagnose your type of hairloss. In most of my other replies I have mentioned a condition called Androgenetic alopecia/ male pattern baldness. You are very young to be developing it. If not treated you can go bald permanently. Initially you will need to be treated for dandruff and then for hairloss. I give my patients anti dandruff medicines for one months and then start them on anti hairloss medicines. Treatment will include some lotions, shampoos and tablets. You will need to use it for about one year and evaluations must be done by the dermatologist every 3 months. You can start seeing improvement after 3 months of treatment. If you have lesser response than expected additional procedures like PRP can be done. Please visit a dermatologist near you and start treatment as soon as possible. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore