Visible scalp

Hi, I had a thick hair during my college days and recently my scalp is appearing in entire top of my head. Hair falling is not noticed but still less hair and grey hair. I visited recently to a doctor he without investigating gave some prescribing which is useless. how to check what causing visible scalp and start bald

Doctor Answers (2) on Visible scalp

Dr. C.R.V.Narasimhalu Chennai | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
Use MX 10 1ml twice daily... Scalpe shampoo to wash ur hair... Tablet Rejuhair one tablet everyday.. All for 15 days.. Review on 05/03/16
Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
To confirm your diagnosis you will need a trichoscopy and scalp biopsy. However looking at the images, it appears to be male matter baldness. Also styling with gel can make the scalp more visible. Male pattern baldness or Androgenetic alopecia is a progressive disorder. Your hair follicles start getting smaller and finally stop growing, which is visible as baldness. The treatment for this would consist of some lotions to apply on your scalp daily, tablets to inhibit DHT(which is the hormone responsible for the baldness), hair supplements and a ketoconazole shampoo or a regular shampoo for hair wash daily.. Hair growth starts 3 to 4 months after treatment. I would suggest you take photographs after 4 months of using the medicines (assuming you have been given the above mentioned Medicines). Compare them with today's photographs. Improvement will be slow but visible if you check once in 4 months. The hair growth is maximum by about one year of treatment. After that you will be put on maintainence. If untreated your baldness will generally progress. It will take several years (varies from person to person). Please discuss the diagnosis and ask your doctor to explain what the problem is the next time. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore