Boils in scalp ; Hairloss
I have many boils on my scalp , when I touch them there is only secretions and even dandruff flakes . And the hairs fall from that area as I touch them . This sort happened last year also in May and I had used ketoconazole which had caused my strong hairs fall ; I had never experienced hair fall in my life but since I used ketoconazole my hair were never normal ; This problem had subsided when I had got my complete head shaved .. So please help me get the solution ...

Dr. Shivashankar B. Sajjanshetty
Trichologist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. many boils on scalp means you have scalp folliculitis. It is hair follicle infection on the scalp.. There are many reasons to get it. Sometimes it becomes recurrent then causes a lot headache. Usually it can treated within 15 days Ketoconazole shampoo will enhance your hair growth according to medical studies. May you have just corelated shampooing with hairloss.  It may just a co incidental finding Get diagnosed the reason behind your hair loss. Then proceed further