Hair treatment

My hair become thin and hair fall is happening, so to get a thick and healthy hair I planned to start minoxdil 5%. So can I use minoxdil along with hair oil. Please let me know which is the best hair oil to strengthen and thicken my hair. And I do eat super foods which are good for hair like flax seeds,almomds etc. So please clear my query and give me some more suggestions

Dr. Sandeep Gupta

Along with your minoxidil oral therapy are there. .. Consult with a dermatologist for best management
Dr. D.P. Jayanth
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Mysore
Hair oils just condition the hair. No hair oil can ensure hair growth. Consult dermatologist for hair loss. Do not self medicate with minoxidil 5 % lotion . You also seem to have a localized patch of hair loss on back of head. You need total evaluation by a dermatologist. Self medication with minoxidil can cause irritation of skin on scalp and even dizziness in some patients . It is OK to seek information online . But you need a proper consultation by a dermatologist - who would have trained for nearly 10 years to become a dermatologist. Hair issues are complex and take time to improve.
Dr. Manoj Waghmare
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Pune
What you are suffering from is male pattern baldness. You can start minoxidil 5%. I will prefer 10% to start with. As such oil doesn't have any role. It will be preferable that you don't use any hair oil at all. It may hamper minoxidil absorption. Long term Maintainence will be required for pattern baldness. Best is to get consultation from a dermatologist. He/she may additionally start few more medicines and services like meso therapy and PRP