Hair thinning

Hi Doc, My hair right over my forehead seems to be thinning day by day. First I thought, it was because of the hair partition I make while combing. But, in-spite of changing the partition, I see that the hair seems to be going really thin around the whole area. I have no itching or dandruff. Please suggest what I can do in this case.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair thinning

Hi. Greetings. In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. You mostly seem to be having female pattern hair loss. After adequate evaluation by dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet.For sore scalp and dandruff you'll need an antifungal shampoo along with probably a low dose corticosteroid shampoo. See a dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. Hope this helps. Further queries/ appointment requests may be sent on follow up messaging.. Warm regards. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.