Hair fall & PRP

I have been suffering from hair fall and hair thinning. An Ayurvedic doctor had a look at my scalp and said some roots are dead. I couldn't continue treatment with him because I live in a different place. A dermatologist I later went to, for a hair transplant, advised me against it and said PRP is the way to go. I have undergone 2 PRP sessions in the last 5 months. The last one is scheduled this weekend. I am not sure if it is actually helping me. I am a 24 year old woman suffering from hair thinning in the crown. Please help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall & PRP

FPB is tricky situation and the core treatment is minoxidil for long time. Adherence is a must. I cannot comment on hair transplant as i have not seen you. Certain Dermatologists advice procedures like PRP therapy, platelet rich plasma therapy when needed which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP is rich in components needed for the hair to grow and become healthier. However it is a top-up treatment and has to be done in parallel to the main medications for hair fall. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. The cost of single session widely varies depending upon manual PRP preparation or automated and the expertise of the dermatologist. For manual prepared PRP it should be in the range of Rs 5000 to Rs 7000 for a single session, however this is an estimate. PRP helps but not in isolation.
Start on biotin supplements and food rich in iron content. Use a milder shampoo and consider frequent shampooing and conditioning.
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.