Hair and skin

I am recently diagnosed with diabetes.i am getting too much hair fall and pigmentation(specially neck lines).i have been told by the doctor that once the sugar level comes down,the pigmentation will go off .my sugar is normal now.But even then the pigmentation is not going away.And there is excessive hair fall.i did hair test and it was diagnosed that my hair roots are very weak. Could you please help me out

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings. You'll need a detailed assessment for cause of hair fall in your case. As far as pigmentation is concerned - it cannot disappear just because sugar levels are normal but you'll need creams to lighten the color and improve it's appearance. Meet a qualified dermatologist in your city. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards
Dr. Shishira R J
Hello. There are many causes for hair fall. U need to get evaluated thoroughly for your hair fall. And pigmentation that you are talking about may be acanthosis nigricans. U should consult a Dermatologist for it. Just by sugar control, it is very unlikely to reduce.