Gum redness and swelling

I am suffering from lichen planus from past 8-9 months ,and from 4-5 months my gums became red with little swelling getting difficulty in brushing and cnt eat spicy .not getting wats this.

Doctor Answers (4) on Gum redness and swelling

Hi...,do not worry, I think first you should visit a dentist /oral medicine specialist, to know the severity of the lesion.most of the cases of lichen planus can be improved with proper medication along with some habit modification. So all the treatment plan will be according the severity .and visit nearby dentist ASAP. Thank you.
Hi..you can visit dermatologist to start laser or corticosteroid therapy. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Lichen planus can be treated with appropriate medications, but their could recurrence. Lasers have been used successful in certain cases and you can also look to benefit from the same.Consult a oral medicine specialist.
Sorry to hear that. Lichen planus can have oral manifestation similar to the symptoms that you have just described. However a clinical examination and a biopsy is recommended prior to prescribing any medication. Please ask your dermatologist who is treating you for lichen planus or consult a specialist in oral medicine to plan your treatment.