Gum recession

Hi Doctor? I have some queries regarding the surgery I had for bone grating. After the surgwry I could see spaces between my tooth I mean it's a kind of gum shrinkage.. I dnt understand why it is happening and the perodontist is saying it will get reversed once it gets healed.. will it be.. can you please help me on this. .. I'm worried

Dr. Deepika Vadhar
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai

The spaces in between your teeth have primarily been caused due to tartar/calculus which was present earlier to surgery but you weren't aware of the spaces because those were covered with calculus. now that the doctor has removed it & cleaned it & also some surgery is done will feel that for a while.  it might or might not be reversed.  But have faith in your doctor & please go for regular checkups & maintenance of your oral hygiene.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Bagalkot

hello Practo user, what your dentist said is correct.please wait for the end results.Regards
Dr. Chaitanya Santosh
Dentist 5 yrs exp Eluru

First thing i would like to suggest is to trust in doctor what ever doctor is doing is in the right way, so please wait for the end results
Dr. Rajesh Aduri
Pediatric Dentist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad
Periodontal flap surgery followed by bone grafting is a procedure to stop gum disease progression and place a bone graft to encourage the growth of the bone lost due to disease. But vertical bone loss the healing is good. There will be gum recession after flap surgery because the swollen gums when healed shrink. You may not get the complete coverage but when treated properly further bone loss and gum recession can be prevented.
If a periodontist has done the procedure he might have done it properly. Dont worry. Gum level will stabilize and further by good maintenance u can overcome the gum disease