Gum pain when cold intake
Hi, so whenever I have ice creams or something cold I feel a sharp pain in my upper part of my gums. What can be the condition?

Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Periodontist 15 yrs exp Vijayawada

This problem is called as sensitivity. It usually occurs due to thinning out of tooth structure at the gum junction of the tooth or exposure of the root or decay process in that area. Need to get ur teeth examined and treatment depends on the identification of the underlying cause.
Dr. Balaji Gupta
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

Try to visit dentist near by... Try using extra soft brush and r.r Sensiform gel for one month... Exaxt reason fr sensitive to b checked...
Dr. Anish Goyal
Dentist 7 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi, cold senstivity can be due to decay or cavity in teeth. Cavity or abrasions in upper part of tooth can lead to sharp senstivity. Abrasions happen mainly due to use of hard brush or using heavy pressure during brushing. You need to visit a dentist for oral examination. After examination we can find the cause and cure it. Take care.
Dr. Sunita Karmankar
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 13 yrs exp Dhule
U are saying that u got sensitivity in upper part of gum...This needs visual diagnosis. Till then u can use sensodyne paste for few days to relieve sensitivity but must visit ur dentist. Keep smiling :)
Dr. Ritika Pandey
Dentist 5 yrs exp Allahabad
Hi there.U can use senolin gel apply in the affected area instant relief will be there but for proper diagnosis u need to visit a dentist.thanku