Growth problem

Hi there my height is short (5'4) and I am 17 years old I know my height depends on genetics but I don't want to give up and I want to increase my height atleast up to 5'8 I want to know every little minuet trick ,tips methods and treatments there are . I just want to point out my mistakes before any one answers . I drink coffee , I jump alot , my diet is not balanced , my posture is not straight and I used to carry heaps of load on my back when I was young I also do not go to the gym as I was told lifting weights and bodybuilding can reduce my height and also to not give any concern because my height will soon grow but now I am too concerned because I am already 17 my height could stop from 18 to 21 anytime or might have even stopped .so if there is any way to increase Hight I really want to try it out as fast as possible
views-icons 55 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Growth problem

Dr. Anantha Lakshmi Hyderabad | Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist
Yoga is helpful. Try to get trained from a skilled yoga instructor.
Poses like : tree pose, camel pose,  wheel pose, triangle pose, standing forward bend, cobra pose and surya namaskar only under yoga instructor. Do not  do by your own.
I must say you are very honest and descriptive. Don't worry about you height as the growth plates around knee are growing and adding to length till the age of 25 yrs. Secondly get your posture corrected by a physiotherapist. If you stoop too much, naturally you are going to look short...a straight back gives a taller look..
Dr. Parag Patil Nagpur | Orthopedic Surgeon
I understand your concern, but height is strictly genetically determined. The factors you mentioned have no bearing on a person's height. The only rare instance where the height may be affected is if the spine is crooked, called as scoliosis, which is probably not true in your case. The long bones which contribute to the height stop growing at 18 years in men, so no hormonal or medical treatment can help you now. Surgical options (limb lengthening) are available, but are very painful, costly, take a long time (1.5-2 years) and are associated with complications in a significant number of patients. I would suggest you try wearing high heeled shoes and make other changes in the hairstyle and wardrobe to give an appearance increased height. Please do not indulge in steroids or other over the counter remedies. Good luck!