Gray hair problem

Hi there, I have consulted a dermatologist regarding my white hair at scalp, beard and chest area. Doctor advised me to take kerablak tablet and to apply altris gel. Wanted to confirm that the medicine suggested are fine with the problem I am facing also is there any alternative for altris gel as it is too expensive?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Premature graying of hair is a nightmare for most Dermatologist. The medication suggested are good enough in light of present knowledge though the efficacy is not guaranteed. . There are many reasons for premature graying as nutritional deficiencies or stress, environmental hazards,genetics and so on. A thorough evaluation will help identifying the cause of it. Though treatment options are limited and not very promising,still attempts could be made to prevent further graying of hairs. Existing ones may or may not regain normal colour. Hope it helps.
Screen yourself for nutritional deficiencies including vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Iron and zinc levels.