Got black dark spots

After poking pimples a I got unwanted dark black spots and patches... And its not going... What to do?... Please help me out..

Doctor Answers (1) on Got black dark spots

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You have some active pimples but most are dark spots from old pimples. I start my patients on anti pimple creams and tablets for a month. These creams itself reduce the marks to a large extent. After a month I would start you on a procedure called chemical peel. Chemical peel is a procedure where certain medicines are applied on your entire face causing microscopic peeling of the skin and formation of new skin. This procedure is repeated once in 3 to 4 week, about 3 to 4 sessions till all your marks are gone. You will need to maintain with certain creams once your skin is clear, to prevent new pimples from forming. Generally it takes 4 to 6 months to get completely clear skin with medical treatment and procedures. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore.