Getting unconnected dream

When i sleep my mind appears to be contineously working, i used to get lot of dreams. They are usually linked to daily like, like going to office,chatting with friend, visiting a mall. When i wake up i don't feel fresh.It started fro last 10 months. I don't have much tension apart frm career aspirations. I used to wash my face, clean bed,avoid tea before sleep, changed directions, mattress etc. Much help needed.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. There are two types of sleep one is NREM(NON RAPID EYE MOVEMENT)SLEEP AND REM (RAPID EYE MOVEMENT)SLEEP. dreams are known to occur in the REM sleep and it's also known that REM is deep sleep. Deep sleep(REM SLEEP) is where you get dreams. Dreams are not under your control. Also let me tell you, what ever you did or learnt, that memory gets consolidated in your brain in this type of sleep itself. Therefore I don't think you should worry about it much. Just enjoy dreaming. Do inculcate habit of meditation and yoga, you will feel awesome. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Amit Jagtiani
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Agra
Dreams occur in REM sleep. REM is not deep sleep, rather, stage 3 and 4 of NREM is considered deep sleep. Deep sleep is refreshing. Normally in the early hours of sleep the proportion of NREM is more than REM. In the later half of sleep REM becomes more. Hence, we often dream more in early morning hours of sleep. In your case it seems that the proportion of NREM and REM is disturbed, hence u r getting less deep refreshing sleep and more of dreams. There could be many causes for this. But in the beginning you must focus on most common factors. Stress, anxiety, poor sleep hygeine etc. Try meditation, deep breathing exercises. Read about sleep hygeine on internet and inculcate good sleeping practices.