Getting Fat !!

Hi, I am 24 Year, working woman. Married for an year. I am working in an IT firm which takes 9 hours of working + 2 hrs of travelling. I will tell my route: i wake up at 6 to make food for my husband as he goes to office by 7, finish kitchen by 730, do house hold, supervise my maid, get ready n leave for my office by 9, come back from my office by 7:15 PM, take rest for half n hr, prepare dinner eat and sleep by 10. i dont know how to find out time for exercise, i know i am gaining fat and want to stop it, very badly !! but not able to stop myself from maintaining a strict diet also, pl suggest what can be done..

Doctor Answers (1) on Getting Fat !!

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Wake up bit early...First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.