Getrid of Depression

I'm sufferings from Depression since long.I want to get rid of it without any medicine.Is it possible in any alternative therapy?

Doctor Answers (1) on Getrid of Depression

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, The moment you intended to get rid of depression without any medicine, you started with your therapy. I am glad that you have bravely made the choice. Body and mind as you know are interconnected. If depression can be controlled through one means it certainly can be overcome through the other. For that matter professionals medicate you only as a temporary measure so that you can start with therapy with a certain level of motivation. The choice of therapy would depend on your personality type and expertise of professional. It's also about the extent to which you can trust the professional & maintain your motivation level to take control of your life. Medicine is something which works on your body to make it function in a certain way(symptom reduction) however therapy could help you to listen to your thoughts & emotions, understand what they are saying and use them constructively to learn your lessons. Eventually with little perseverance you would not just overcome your depression but also use it to create better relationship with yourself and others. Please consult a psychologist or psychiatrist you will be comfortable working with and don't stop till you find that professional. Take Care.