cancer-icon
Germ cell tumor
Hi, my friend was diagnosed with germ cell tumor Stage 3 (embryonal carcinoma) few years back. He underwent surgery and chemo after that and have been doing regular tests for checking recurrence. He has completed 2 years now after removal of the tumor without any recurrence. Is there any chance for the tumor to return? And could you please help me understand about any complications related to this in future?

Dr. Kaushal Yadav
Surgical Oncologist 10 yrs exp Gurgaon

Your friend should be on regular follow up with Surgical Oncologist / Urooncologist, presently every 3-4 monthly with tumor markers and CECT as advised. Interval of follow up increase with time.

Ovarian cancer germ cell tumors Low grade spindle cell tumor