Genital warts

I have developed warts on my genitals for the past three months. I m on zinc sulphate pills - 100 mg for two months-( 1 0 1). But I seem to find no cure. They are still there and there is no sign of reduction nor have they spread more. I want to know the right mode of treatment. Please guide me on that. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Genital warts

Thanks for the query. Meet a Dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed as the treatment depends on it. There are multiple treatment options for a wart. There are many treatment options for a wart and it depends on the location, size and number of warts. The Dermatologist will suggest a treatment option taking into considerations the various factors and accounting for merits and demerits of each procedure. Warts may recur after a treatment and you need to repeat the treatment. A higher dose of zinc helps to prevent a relapse. It is a contagious skin condition and treatment should not be delayed as there is risk of spread to self and others.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.