Gap in frontal teeth

I have a gap in frontal teeth and it is widening year after year. I feel uncomfortable while smiling. Sometime back I met one dentist in my locality, she told me to have permanent surgery on this. I am 27 year old male. Request your suggestion.
views-icons 62 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anviti Puranik
Dentist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello.. As seen in picture your gap could be because of fibrous tissue in between your teeth called as frenum which is attach to the upper lip. We can just relocate this frenum a little higher than its position right now and then close your gap by braces. Since you said you are 27years assuming your bone condition is good you can go ahead with Orthodontic treatment with frenectomy. It is a very easy procedure so dont worry and go ahead with it.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?