Ganglion / Wrist Bump

I have a small bump on my right hand wrist. Its size is similar to a small marble and this bump has been bothering me a lot from past 3 years. I am not able to do my gym workouts and am not even able to lift light weights. I have consulted 2 Orthopedics doctors. One of them suggested me that the bump is a Ganglion and gave me a steroid shot to reduce the pain. After taking the shot i was able to do proper workout for one month but again after one month my wrist started paining. So I consulted another Orthopedics doctor who suggested that its not a ganglion and has asked me to consult a hand specialist.But still i had taken another steroid shot from the second doctor and this time even the steroid shot didn't do it right. So now am really worried about my wrist and i do not really understand what should i do further. Can someone please explain me about what exactly my wrist bump consist of and if it is a ganglion then can anyone please recommend me the right solution/treatment for it

Doctor Answers (1) on Ganglion / Wrist Bump

Dr. Rajesh Gayakwad Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
If its ganglion then removal by surgery and sending the specimen for histopathology examination is most appropriate approach. However ganglion is generally painless unless inflamed or infected.Yo reach any diagnosis you get to examined and investigated thoroughly.