Gall bladder stones
I have been detected with gall bladder stones(0.8 mm) as well as kidney stone(right kidney). I was under medication for the kidney stone and now it is cured completely. But my concern is there any way to cure the gall bladder stone with medicine like wise kidney. I am 24 years and studying in college. If medication is not possible then which type of surgery should I go for - open or micro surgery? Kindly suggest Regards and Thanks, Kiran

Hi..... There is no permanent medical cure for gallstones. Although there are medical measures that can be taken to remove stones or relive symptoms, they are only temporary. If a patient has symptoms from gallstones, surgical removal of the gallbladder is the best treatment. Asymptomatic (producing no symptoms) gallstones do not require treatment.....
Dr. Mandar R Gadgil
General Surgeon 12 yrs exp Mumbai
Surgery is the only option for symptomatic gall stones. Laparoscopic surgery is now the gold standard for gall stones. Nowadays reduced port surgery or single incision (scarless) surgery can be offered too.
see a Laparoscopic Surgeon and get evaluated for the need and type of surgery