Fungal infection on thigh
Dear sir, l am facing the problem of fungal infection on inner thigh for one year. I took proper medicine from skin specialist.during the treatment I cute but suddenly it appears again. I am in trouble. The area of infection is going to increase. I want proper treatment for this. Plz suggest specilist for this.
3082 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rajdeep
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
Fungal infection of the inner thigh can be quite troublesome and itchy. Most times they resolve completely with antifungal treatment. It generally resolves in one month. Improper treatment or combining some anti itch creams along(like itch guard, panderm plus, lobate GM etc) with antifungals can make the fungus resistant to standard antifungals. You will need a different type of antifungal to treat resistant infection. Please meet your dermatologist for a follow up and discuss about your recurrence with him. Unfortunately tests to find out which antifungal will work in your case are not very accurate and most times it is not possible to grow the fungus in a lab (unlike bacteria culture and sensitivity test done to find out which antibiotics can be used). A dermatologist is the right person to treat your fungal infection. If you feel you need a second opinion you could always meet another dermatologist and discuss your problem with them. Make sure you clear all your doubts with your doctor. Certain advise like wearing sun-dried clothes or ironing your undergarments, washing your clothes separately and not wearing wet clothes go a long way in prevention of recurrence as fungus can survive in wet environment for several months. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Heat rash or fungal infection Fungal infection in rectal area Fungal infection in pubic area
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.