Fungal infection on thigh

Dear sir, l am facing the problem of fungal infection on inner thigh for one year. I took proper medicine from skin specialist.during the treatment I cute but suddenly it appears again. I am in trouble. The area of infection is going to increase. I want proper treatment for this. Plz suggest specilist for this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fungal infection on thigh

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Fungal infection of the inner thigh can be quite troublesome and itchy. Most times they resolve completely with antifungal treatment. It generally resolves in one month. Improper treatment or combining some anti itch creams along(like itch guard, panderm plus, lobate GM etc) with antifungals can make the fungus resistant to standard antifungals. You will need a different type of antifungal to treat resistant infection. Please meet your dermatologist for a follow up and discuss about your recurrence with him. Unfortunately tests to find out which antifungal will work in your case are not very accurate and most times it is not possible to grow the fungus in a lab (unlike bacteria culture and sensitivity test done to find out which antibiotics can be used). A dermatologist is the right person to treat your fungal infection. If you feel you need a second opinion you could always meet another dermatologist and discuss your problem with them. Make sure you clear all your doubts with your doctor. Certain advise like wearing sun-dried clothes or ironing your undergarments, washing your clothes separately and not wearing wet clothes go a long way in prevention of recurrence as fungus can survive in wet environment for several months. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore