Fresh blood in stool

I had some anal fissures one year back.  It again poped up due to constipation.  Should I wait for 1 -2 weeks to heal itself. Or should I consult with a doctor. I have pain initially during bowel movement and then it subsides.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fresh blood in stool

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Initial therapy for an anal fissure is medical in nature, and more than 80% of acute anal fissures resolve without further therapy. The goals of treatment are to relieve the constipation and to break the cycle of hard bowel movement, associated pain, and worsening constipation. Softer bowel movements are easier and less painful to pass.
First-line medical therapy consists of therapy with stool-bulking agents, such as fiber supplementation and stool softeners. Laxatives are used as needed to maintain regular bowel movements.

Sitz baths after bowel movements and as needed provide significant symptomatic relief because they relieve some of the painful internal sphincter muscle spasm.
Surgical therapy is usually reserved for acute anal fissures that remain symptomatic after 3-4 weeks of medical therapy and for chronic anal fissures.
Kindly consult surgeon....