Foreskin not retracting

My foreskin does not retract when I am erect but it is retractable when not. I also think that I have a small penis. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Foreskin not retracting

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Phimosis is the inability to fully retract the foreskin (or prepuce) over the glans penis due to a narrow opening.

Acquired phimosis is a consequence of poor hygiene, forceful retraction of the tight foreskin over the glans penis and recurrent infections.

Application of weak topical corticosteroid creams to the tip of the penis proves to be effective in several cases. Surgery is performed in cases where conservative treatment fails. Circumcision (surgical removal of foreskin) is the only permanent cure.

The typical erect penis is usually 5 to 6 inches long with a circumference of 4 to 5 inches. There's more variation in the size of flaccid penises.

Some guys are genuinely smaller than that. In rare cases, genetics and hormone problems cause a condition called micropenis -- an erect penis of under 3 inches. Sometimes Peyronie's disease can reduce a guy's size.

Losing weight will reveal more of that hidden shaft that's buried beneath belly fat. It doesn't actually increase your size, but it will look that way...