Food for brain
Hello Doctor, My mother's age is 72.. I have heard that as age grows blood supply to brain is slow.. Kindly suggest foods for her age for proper brain blood flow and sharpness...

Dr. Akhila Kumar Panda
General Physician 9 yrs exp Bhubaneswar

No Specific food is mentioned as per age. But she can be advised low fat, high fiber diet, like fruits, vegetables , diary free products. these food are less atherogenic. Studies say , if she can take one apple a day , her chance of cardiovascular events will be reduced to 30%.
if She had hypertension, and diabetics then she should take low salt and low carbohydrate diet.
Dr. Apoorva Kumar
Neurosurgeon 6 yrs exp Lucknow
It mostly happens when you suffer from Diabetese or blood pressure. control these diseases,take aspjrin and food rich in vitamins and antioxidants like fruit and leafy veggies

Food that helps the brain