Flashes and Floaters

I am suffering from eye floaters and checked many times with retina specialist my retina is healthy. When I move my right eye fast I see streak of light flash in my left perimeter that too only in bright light environment . I don't see this in dark environment. Now my question is if my vitreous gel is pulling or tuging on my retina and hence seeing flash , Why it is only seen in bright condition and not in dark. I have read that if retina is pull then flashes are seen irrespective of light source so, why i only see flash in day not in night? I checked retina specialist he said retina is healthy.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello...flashes of light is due to pulling of retina by vitreous... There is nothing to worry as very little risk of retinal detachment Now flashes of light should be seen in light or dark....there is no explanation to your question as to why only in light but i assure you that there is nothing to worry. Only explanation is (u might not get satisfied with this) probably u spend little tym in dark as comapred to light...otherwise there is no explanation. IF RETINA IS HEALTHY THEN FORGET IT
Dr. Vishal S. Kakhandki
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Belgaum
May be u have minus power myopia.....its common in such people....but flashes can be harbinger of retinal tear as vitreous pulls on the retina as u age...also if u c same floaters (number say 2 )since years don't worry...but if dey increase suddenly say from 2 to 10-15 den visit a retina consultant ASAP. It's a sign of retinal tear and vitreous bleed.If u feel any field of vision loss like upper half left half u r not seeing den it means a serious problem of retinal detachment.show ASAP. Mind these signs and symptoms. Otherwise ignore and chill....Further details - vikhyath eye retina centre Babusapalya kalyan nagar Bangalore
Dr. Ram Nath
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
It's not floaters anyway. It is Muscae volitantes most probably which is due to perception of moving blood cells in retinal vessels in very hyper sensitive person like you. Just ignore it.