Fever since evening 4pm
My baby is suffering frm high grade fever. I gve hm febrex plus 3 times in 12 hrs. Rt nw his fever is 100.2°F. He dislikes food accept chocolate. What should I do? Actually I was sufferd frm viral fever 3 days ago? In this case hw much chances of attack of viral fever to my baby? My family doctor suggest to to give him only patacetamol & to do sponging. He dnt advice any antibiotic. Plz help me wht to do?

Dr. Trupti Shetty
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp Pune

If you had viral fever, it is very likely that your child has it too. Since he has no other symptoms, continue giving him paracetamol every 6 hours along with sponging. Fever will subside in 3-4 days All throughout make sure to keep him well hydrated as fever causes dehydration which in turn will raise body temperature further. If in case he develops any other symptoms, consult your pediatrician immediately