Fever of 100.5

Hello Doctor, my daughter(10.4Kgs) is 2.8 years old. She had high fever of 101.2 on Friday. So we administered Crocin. After six hours, temperature only increased to 103.4. We did sponge dabbing and adminstered Meftal. On Saturday, the fever became normal and then came up to 101. We gave her Crocin and then temperature came to normal. After 12 hours, temperature rose to 100.4.We administered Crocin Syrup.Again the temperature became normal for next 12 hours, after which it increased to 100.4. Until now, the temperature is deviating between normal and 100.4. She was very active since yesterday. But today(Monday) she looks tired.She has mild cough and cold.
views-icons 204 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Fever of 100.5

Hi. I would not advice any medication for this child without a formal examination. Please visit your paediatrician whenever fever lasts for more than 2 days . its really appreciable that you have maintained a temperature chart.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, if you have self medicating the child not consulting doctor it is bad option. For kids mild cough and cold by viral infection is complicated by secondary bacterial infection. In that case along with paracetamol, proper antibiotics to be added (syrup. Moxikind - cv 200mg/5ml, 4ml two (or three) times a day, syrup febrex -plus 6ml three times a day will help) for prescription visit a doctor.