Fever for past five days

My 1 yr old daughter having fever for past 5 days and we are giving paracetamol from day one as prescribed by doctor and Dr. started antibiotic from past two days . Blood test done yesterday , CRP & Dengue non-reactive .. Urine culture report yet to come.. Still fever is continuing range between 99 to 101 and we noticed rashes on her forehead and backside neck.. Becuase of this rashes we worried.. Is elisa test enough to investigate dengue fever? Why this rashes are coming? Is normal viral fever can continue more than 5 days? Please advise Dr.

Doctor Answers (1) on Fever for past five days

Dr. Trupti Shetty
10 yrs. of exp | Pune | Pediatrician

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
U have not mentioned the counts,  so I'm assuming that they are normal. Since your child only has fever,  it is very likely that it is viral. Development of rash also points towards a viral fever In most cases of dengue,  child will have other symptoms like swelling over body, vomiting, pain in abdomen, loose stools, listlessness, breathing difficulty In viral fevers the fever subsides after appearance of the rash If you are still worried u can take a second opinion