Feel fear/anxiety before.

Hello doctor. I am a guy with current age 20. I always feel fearful/anxious BEFORE doing anything. But when I face it, I handle situation much good & it also feels good and cheerful. This was happenning from my childhood and so I was always on back side or inactive in most case though I have good personality and knowledge. Now I understood this condition. But still I feel fear and sometimes it wins too. Most of the time I face the situation, when there is no option to face it. What should I do?? Is it fear or anxiety?? I feel fear when - When I hear that I want to do something, asking sir about anything, before social party or event, sometimes when my mom says go out and buy anything etc. When not - Exams, doing things (new too) I like, when I am in a confortable zone. My problem is with the intensity and always feeling it when there is no need to be.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feel fear/anxiety before.

Mr. B. Elayaraja Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Hi ,
This may be called  features of GAD( Generalized anxiety disorder)  OR performance anxiety to an new things or events.
You may be introvert in your early life time ie you won't be talking or going to function like.

Your need to expose your self to an fearfully situation again and again.
Try deep breathing techniques before an situation.
Visualization of some happy moments.