Fatty liver phase 1

Please tell me what happens in this and what is the treatment for fatty liver as my husband is suffering from it....his stomach is also increasing and its pains a lot As well as acidity also occours..

Doctor Answers (1) on Fatty liver phase 1

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
fatty liver disease is a term used to describe the accumulation of fat in the liver .
Along with your doctor's help, you can take steps to control your fatty liver disease. You can:

Lose weight. If you're overweight or obese, reduce the number of calories you eat each day and increase your physical activity in order to lose weight. If you've tried to lose weight in the past and have been unsuccessful, ask your doctor for help.

Choose a healthy diet. Eat a healthy diet that's rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

Exercise and be more active. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week. If you're trying to lose weight, you might find that more exercise is helpful. But if you don't already exercise regularly, get your doctor's OK first and start slowly.

Control your diabetes. Follow your doctor's instructions to stay in control of your diabetes. Take your medications as directed and closely monitor your blood sugar.

Lower your cholesterol. A healthy plant-based diet, exercise and medications can help keep your cholesterol and your triglycerides at healthy levels.

Protect your liver. Avoid things that will put extra stress on your liver. For instance, don't drink alcohol. Follow the instructions on all medications and over-the-counter drugs....