Family crisis

My mother (62 years) has been diagnosed with weak heart 2 months back through angiogram (doctor has started heart medicine and confirmed no blockages). Mother has diabetes since 12 years. My dad (68 years old) is a diabetic since 3 years and has trouble sleeping. Doctor had diagnosed spondylitis for dad since 12 years. I am 28 year old and have been living with my parents. I have stayed abroad for 10 months (parents have stayed with me for 2 months). My aunt (69 years) expired 2 days back. My mother was admitted to hospital due to low BP for 4 days. She got discharged previous Monday. I quit my job on 14th July 2016 and have received an offer for Hongkong employment (long term assignment ) I have discussed with my parents and close relatives. Parents can travel to visit me be may once in year and I will visit Bangalore every 4 months once. Parents want to me pursue this offer but are worried about how to manage without me in Bangalore. Can they mentally handle this situation

Doctor Answers (3) on Family crisis

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Yes certainly they can handle. Once you settle down in the new venture, you can take them with you.
Feel free to contact for further help.
Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com
Wishes
hi, of course they can handle this situation. ask them to be strong and bold. you can have a full time maid in case they need help for household chores. and in any case you would visit them every four months and they would visit you once a year. i don't think there is any problem. be strong and make them realise that they are strong too.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, as I see it there are some health issues with your parents. You have got a job in another country and are worried about how your parents will manage without you in case of emergency.
Your question is whether they can mentally handle the situation, but I also sense a doubt from your end whether this is morally a right thing to do.
Do not worry so much.
Your commitment to your parents will not reduce if you accept the offer in Hong Kong, I am sure.
Your parents may be a bit worried how to manage on their own, but they are themselves telling you to pursue this offer. Also, you seem to have worked out a plan to keep in touch. Today, with technology, talking to your parents daily and checking on them will not be an issue. Reassure yourself and your parents of the same.
In my opinion, no one can predict the future, but as long as you stay committed to your parents welfare, everything should work itself out.
Your parents will definitely understand and become mentally strong once they feel reassured and get a positive vibe from you.
Hope this helps, All the Best!