Facial pitting scars

I have had acne since about 7 years. The active lesions are gone but there are scars present right now. What can I do for that? Would isotretinoin oral be enough and how much should u take? LFT & other tests are normal. I had taken isotretinoin for 4 months, last year and the acne went but the scars persisted. Would laser be a better option than medications or should I do chemical peels?
views-icons 39 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Facial pitting scars

doctor profile image
Dr. Tina Ramachander
16 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi for the acne scars , acne scar surgery is a better option , would include a combination of fractional laser , chemical peel, prp, subscion , spot tca. Spaced out properly and with the right precautions you can achieve 40 to 50 % improvement in your texture of scars.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?