Eye sight problem
I want to do LASIK surgery, at this age is it beneficial? I am teacher, so I have to read lots of things regularly, is it safe to do LASIK?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Sangrur

hello lasik is very good option to get rid of glasses Doctor will perform few tests (Schirmer test, Pentacam and Fundus examination) and if all tests are normal then you can go for lasik surgery without fear. Success rate of LASIK is over 96%. Side effects may vary from minimal like mild dryness, DALK , haloes, glare to severe like infection (very rare). precaution include: a. avoid face/head wash for 1 week b. avoid swimming /water sports for 6 weeks c. avoid eye make up for 6 weeks Cost :depends on Type of lasik which varies from 25000 for standard lasik to 1.10 lacs for SMILE lasik For more details, you can read my health tip on LASIK
Dr. Lokesh Jain
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 12 yrs exp Meerut

LASIK is a safe surgery provided all the  parameters like corneal thickness, Retinal evaluation and amount of error to be corrected are with in specific limits. Though LASIK can be done at your age but will need glasses for near when you will turn 40.
Hello there..... Many people have positive results and report high satisfaction after LASIK surgery. However, long-term results often aren't available, as many people are sufficiently satisfied after surgery. They don't feel a need for repeat examination, and they become lost to follow-up..... Consult your ophthalmologist for further advice....