Eye sight problem
I am having specs with 1.50 eye sight I want to remove my specs with laser treatment I consulted doctor in lvprasad hospital Hyderabad but they told that ur eye size is abnormal and eye thickness is also some what less so is there any alternative treatments to remove my aspects permenantly or any suggestions

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1./please don't get disheartened 2. At LVPrasad you will get best advice 3. There is an alternative of ICL....wherein lens are implanted in eye permanently to get rid of glasses provided some eye parameters are normal
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, Even though the residual cornea after your treatment would be above 250 Micron (the lowest number which is considered to be a safe and within the standard of care), some physicians consider any cornea less than 500 micron at a higher risk for destabilization following any type of corneal thining procedure and advise against them.  ICL(intraclocular lens) is an intraocular procedure that in my opinion has a much higher risk of long term serious complications than does PRK(photo refractive keratotomy.) needed corneal thickness for PRK and laser varies a little, so please specify the value of yours. Or use contact lenses till age of 30 after that you will be able to chose any of the above.