Eye sight Laser treatment

I have an eye sight of -3.75(spherical) for both left and right eyes. Is it good to go for laser treatment for the same ? What are the possibe side effects of Laser treatment?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

hello lasik is very good option to get rid of glasses Doctor will perform few tests (Schirmer test, Pentacam and Fundus examination) and if all tests are normal then you can go for lasik surgery without fear. Success rate of LASIK is over 96%. Side effects may vary from minimal like mild dryness, DALK , haloes, glare to severe like infection (very rare). precaution include: a. avoid face/head wash for 1 week b. avoid swimming /water sports for 6 weeks c. avoid eye make up for 6 weeks Cost :depends on Type of lasik which varies from 25000 for standard lasik to 1.10 lacs for SMILE lasik For more details, you can read my health tip on LASIK
Dr. Krishna Bhojwani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 23 yrs exp Nagpur
with this power of glasses laser can be done for you. There are some more test to be done like Corneal thickness and topography and fundus examination. if every thing is normal you can go ahead with Lasik. Usually there is no major side effects of the procedure. Common side effect is glare and dryness