Extreme knee joints pain.

My mom is suffering from extreme knee joints pain from last 2 yrs..earlier she has no such kind of issue,but when we came to pune then she starting having pain issue in her joints especially in knee.. She can't even walk properly,there is swelling around knee cap,she can't sit in toilet,she can't walk,extreme pain.help

Dr. Anshu S.R Sachdev
Orthopedist 17 yrs exp Pune

If the pain is mainly in the knees and the small joints are spared it may be osteoarthritis which is age related. You have not mentioned her age. The pain gets aggravated with physical exertion like climbing up and down the stairs. Sitting on the floor and squatting etc. Ask her to avoid doing these activities. She will require x-rays for further evaluation. I would suggest that you first get here examined by a knee specialist and then take it further. Usually medication and physiotherapy can help relive the pain to quite an extent.
Dr. Sonia Talreja Dhawan PT
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Delhi
Knee joint bears a major portion of the body weight.... It could be anything from an injury to a tear in ligament or meniscus to osteoarthritis.... Visit an orthopaedic consultant for further clinical evaluation.... Meanwhile apply cold pack for swelling to reduce....
Dr. Vinil Shinde
Orthopedic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Pune
Your mother may be suffering from osteoarthriris of the knee. Get x rays done.