Ent treatment

Hello team, My father age of 45 years suffering from ear problem like coming muscus on alternate days ..We have consulted one ent doctor recently , he said that both the ears need to be operate due to the condition . I like to know that the medication process for this type of conditions whether surgery need or medicines need to be continued , if surgery needed is it for both ears or any one? Pls verify the attached reports for your reference.

Doctor Answers (2) on Ent treatment

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
If there is discharge from both the ears, that means there is disease in both the ears. The CT scan also corroborates. Chronic discharging ears ( CSOM) are to be treated surgically. The worse ear is to be operated first.
Dr. Varun Rai Delhi | Rhinologist
Hi, from the history it seems that he has a perforated ear drum due to chronic disease. the medical line of management does exist, however it is only to resolve the active infection. Unfortunately there is no medicine to repair the ear drum. it will have to be surgically repaired. An audiometry (hearing evaluation) will also have to be done for planning and reconstruction purposes. Regards
Audiometry