ENLARGEMENT OF PROSTATE

In 2012,i have found that my prostate has been enlaged and i consult with yhe doctor.they told me that you need not to do any operation now.my PSA report was normal then.i take everyday TAMASULIN HYDROCHLORIDE 0.4 everyday for three years.if i don't take that medicine for any day,then there occurs some pain while urine.except that there is no such problem now.now my question is can it lead to prostate cancer?
views-icons 51 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Hello There. I can understand your concern. if your question is if tamsulosin leads to cancer, then i would say "NO". but in people with BPH, not all develop prostate cancer. you need to go for regular checkups to see your current status. i would suggest you continue your medications and consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.